Baden Wine Region
Pure nature: Germany’s gourmet region is characterized by endless hours of sunshine and a carefree lifestyle. Mild temperatures and excellent soil make this one of the best wine cultivation areas in Europe. Pinot Noir, Pinot Blanc and Pinot Gris make up over 50% of the wines produced in this region, while Riesling and other specialties like Gutedel (Chasselas) and Auxerrois complete the selection.
The Baden Wine Route is a great way to discover the local landscape and bordering Black Forest and Kraichgau, as well as visit the many wine cooperatives, wineries, and wine festivals along the way. The region is characterized by charming wine villages with half-timbered houses perfectly balanced by modern viticulture architecture. Innovative winemakers have created a new face for their wineries by incorporating transparency and fresh approaches that result in behind-the-scenes looks at the winemaking process.
The region also prizes variety, offering rustic taverns in addition to traditional and world-class restaurants. Epicures can look forward to Baden specialties like asparagus, Black Forest ham, smoked trout, and venison, as well as traditional Black Forest cake or savory snacks. The award-winning Black Forest Nature Park Hosts also guarantee high-quality cuisine that makes use of mostly regional products.
- Giant of the south – the third largest and southernmost wine region in Germany
- Germany’s pinot paradise – home to more than half of Germany‘s Pinot Noir
- Wine and golf – combine a visit to one of the 10 golf courses with a wine tasting or wine cellar tour
- Award-winning cuisine – 33 Michelin stars, 107 Gault Millau points, 159 Feinschmecker points, 407 Varta diamonds, and 707 Kochlöffel awards
- “Baden Dreierlei” – sausage salad, fried potatoes, and curd
- Pure relaxation – elegant resort and spa city of Baden-Baden
- Multimedia adventure – Karlsruhe’s ZKM | Center for Art and Media
- Famous architecture – the Freiburg Cathedral is considered one of the most important gothic churches in the world
- Red Grape Varieties – Pinot Noir, Schwarzriesling, Regent
- White Grape Varieties – Müller-Thurgau, Pinot Gris, Riesling, Gutedel, Pinot Blanc
Schwarzwald Tourismus GmbH
79104 Freiburg im Breisgau
Phone: +49 761 896460
mail [at] schwarzwald-tourismus [dot] info